THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, AT 8 PM ET / 5 PM PT
A Dialogue on Cuba’s Heroic Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic
Register for Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_m0AKrlpuQOW_9V4FKbqETQ
– Sean O’Donoghue – Table de Concertation et de Solidarité Québec-Cuba
– Dr. Agustin Lage – Founder and longtime director of the Cuban Center of Molecular Immunology (CIM). A member of the Cuban Academy of Sciences and the US National Academy of Sciences, Dr. Lage led the CIM into becoming one of the world’s top Institutes for biotech and medical research. He completed his post-graduate work at the renowned Pasteur Institute in Paris, France. Doctor in Medicine, Ph.D. in Medical Sciences, Full Researcher, Coordinator of the Technical Council for Biotechnology Projects in Cuba.
– Dr. Samira Addrey – 2020 graduate of the Latin American School of Medicine (ELAM) in Cuba. She was born and raised in Accra, Ghana before migrating to the United States at the age of nine with her family. She is currently the Coordinator of the ELAM program for IFCO/Pastors for Peace
– Dr. Leni Villagomez Reeves – former United Farm Workers volunteer who attended UC Berkeley and UCSF. She worked at Valley Childrens Hospital for many years doing pediatric emergency medicine. Dr. Villagomez Reeves is active in Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, where she co-chairs its national Cuba and the Bolivarian Alliance Committee, and with the Pastors for Peace Friendshipment Caravan to Cuba and the Saving Lives Campaign.
– Alison Bodine – Social justice activist, writer and researcher in Vancouver, Canada who has been working in solidarity with Venezuela and Cuba for over 15 years. Alison has traveled to Cuba over a dozen times since 2006. She is coordinator of the Fire This Time Movement for Social Justice Venezuela Solidarity Campaign and on the editorial board of the Fire This Time Newspaper. She is author of the book “Revolution and Counter-Revolution in Venezuela” (Battle of Ideas Press, 2018).
Join the Struggle-La Lucha Telegram channel