Struggle ★ La Lucha is strongly committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice tells you how we collect, use and store personal information when you visit Struggle ★ La Lucha on all digital platforms and use our services.
We collect personal information from:
- visitors to our websites;
- people who subscribe to our e-newsletters;
- people who use our public comment section;
- people who contact us via social media;
- people who share our content via social media;
- people who donate;
- people who attend our events;
- people who email;
- people who write for Struggle ★ La Lucha;
- Current and former staff.
Collection of information
The information we gather falls into two categories:
1. Information anonymously and automatically tracked that is gathered as visitors navigate through our site and/or use our email newsletters, share our content on social media and donate to Struggle ★ La Lucha. This information is collected by third-party service providers on our behalf. Third parties featured on or linked to by our the Website are Google Analytics and MailChimp. These third parties may be gathering information through processes we don’t control and their Privacy Policies are linked to below.
2. Information voluntarily supplied by visitors to the site when they register, sign up to receive our e-newsletters, post comments on our public posting areas on our site, respond to user surveys, participate in interactive activities such as polls, get tickets for our events or donate to Struggle ★ La Lucha.
We have third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content-management tools, social-media integration, marketing, analytics, billing and customer service. These entities may have access to personally identifiable information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personally identifiable information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Sites.
We do not collect, store or use any of your information from WordPress.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. Struggle ★ La Lucha can access the name you provide, your email and your geolocations as well as statistics around email opening and clicks using industry-standard technologies. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
Emailing the team directly
We use Googlemail which uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic by default. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
We keep writers emails and contact details and any other information writers provide in our inboxes and internal databases.
Current and former staff
For staff, we store name, email, address, and financial information so we can pay them!
Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy notice was last updated on March 2018. We are currently reviewing our Privacy Notice.
How to contact us