5 Ways to Take Immediate Action!
Stop the Israeli Massacre in Jenin Refugee Camp
End U.S. Support for Zionist War Crimes in Palestine
Al Awda-NY/NJ & The Palestinian Assembly for Liberation
As Palestinians are enduring unimaginable suffering at the hands of the colonizing zionist entity’s settlers and armed forces- who’ve escalated their coordinated and unbridled criminal violence- we call on all people of conscience to raise their voices and demand an end to the zionist massacre and invasion of the Jenin refugee camp; to end expansion of and dismantle settlements which are war crimes; and to end the horrifying settler pogroms against Palestinian towns.
HERE’S FIVE WAYS YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Call, Email, Tweet @ Your Local and Federally Elected Officials, 30seconds to just copy/paste!! ( see end of document for drafted email, talking points, emails, phone numbers and social media tags for your national and local reps. Just copy & paste sample email/talking points)
🛑📢Call, email, tweet your elected representatives, and tag them on social media. Express your outrage over the ongoing Israeli war crimes and demand that they take immediate action.
Urge them to call and advocate for the
- Suspension of all material and political aid to the zionist entity;
- Sanctions against the Zionist entity so long as it commits war crimes and crimes against humanity;
- Condemnation of zionist massacres in Jenin, and of settlement expansion and settler pogroms in Palestine;
- Provision of support and supplies to Palestinians to defend themselves from zionist war crimes and pogroms.
- Spread Email Campaigns: Encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to join this email campaign, to flood their representative’s inboxes and ensure our message is heard loud and clear. Copy this email and send it to everyone you know.
- Organize, Mobilize, BDS:
Take to the streets and organize protests, rallies, and marches in solidarity with Palestine. Even if it is just a few people, standing together with homemade signs, it is very powerful and raises Palestine in all spaces, take photos of your action to show Palestinians in Jenin you are with them! Use your social media platforms to spread awareness about the atrocities taking place. Engage in conversations, share informative articles and videos, and amplify the voices of Palestinians. Join Palestinian and solidarity organizations locally and nationally. Use the hashtags #Jenin #FreePalestine #DismantleApartheid #DismantleGenocide.
And always boycott Israeli products and companies that invest in the zionist entity, for a list see here: http://bdsguide.com/bds-list/
- Support Humanitarian Organizations:
Donate to reputable Palestinian-run and Palestine-based humanitarian and medical organizations in Palestine that are working tirelessly to provide emergency relief, medical assistance, and shelter. These organizations are a lifeline for Palestinians.
- Educate and Advocate:
Arm yourself with knowledge about the historical context, the root causes, and the ongoing struggle for Palestinian liberation. Join Palestinian-led advocacy and organizing groups in your community and schools. (Check out @AlAwda on twitter, @alawdany on Instagram, register at Palassembly.org, read https://decolonizepalestine.com/ and follow Palestinian news sources from Palestine.)
5.5. If you’re in Michigan support Dr. Mozghan for City Council, an unapologetic advocate for Palestinian liberation, you can also follow her on twitter @Mozghan4Council
Time is of the essence. We must act now to demand justice and support for the Palestinian struggle for liberation and safety from the Zionist colonization and war crimes project!
- President Joe Biden, (202) 456-1111, email@example.com, @POTU.S.
- U.S. Department of State, Antony J. Blinken, @secblinken, 406-449-5401, firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Ambassador to Israel Thomas R Nides JerusalemACS@state.gov, email@example.com, @U.S.AmbIsrael
- U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield @U.S.AmbUN,
- For local representatives to the U.S. House: https://contactrepresentatives.org/
- U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, NY, (518) 431-4070, 202-224-6542, @SenSchumer
- U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, NY, (202) 224-4451, @SenGillibrand
- U.S. Senator Cory Booker, NJ, (202) 224-3224, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, @SenBooker
- U.S. Senator Bob Menendez, NJ, (202) 224-4744, firstname.lastname@example.org @senatormenendez,
Engage with Local Representatives:
We encourage you to get in touch with your local representatives, including your City Council and state legislative representatives, whom you can find here:
SAMPLE EMAIL & TALKING POINTS:
Subject: Urgent Action Required: Suspend Aid to Israeli War Crimes and Support Palestinian Rights
Dear [Elected Representative’s Name],
I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the ongoing Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. As your constituent, I strongly urge you to take immediate action to address the following issues:
- Suspension of Aid to Israel: I call upon the United States government to suspend all aid to Israel until it abides by all tenets of international law and dismantles all institutions of Apartheid, colonization, and occupation. It is enraging to witness violence and human rights abuses perpetrated by the Israeli government against the Palestinian people with the material and political aid of the U.S. government and with my tax dollars.
- Condemnation of Pogroms and Invasion of Jenin Refugee Camp: I urge you to use your position to demand that the Department of State, Congress, and the Executive Office publicly condemn the recent settler and soldier-led pogroms on Palestinian towns and the invasion and massacre of the Jenin refugee camp by Israeli forces. These actions have resulted in grave violations of international law arising to war crimes and must be condemned- and stopped forthwith!
- Sanctions on Israel for failure to Comply with International Law and for War: It is crucial that Israel be held accountable for its actions and brought into compliance with international law. I implore you to advocate for imposing targeted sanctions on Israel until it takes immediate steps to end its war crimes and abide by international law.
- Supporting Palestinian Self-Defense: The Palestinian people deserve the means to defend themselves against Israeli war crimes and aggression. I urge you to push for policies that ensure Palestinians have access to the necessary resources and support to protect their lives and livelihoods.
It is crucial that your office takes a principled and just stance in this ongoing conflict. By taking these actions, you will demonstrate your commitment to human rights, international law, and a lasting peace in the region.
I kindly request a prompt response outlining your position on these matters and the actions you plan to take to address these urgent concerns. Thank you for your attention to this pressing issue, and I look forward to your positive response.
Al-Awda, the Palestine Right to Return Coalition
P.O. Box 199
New York, NY 10272
Join the Struggle-La Lucha Telegram channel