Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM EDT
Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xT8fxhbDTk6CVrak5jUnUQ
Defend Black lives! Defend activists and organizers under attack!
Sunday, October 25
4:00 p.m. Eastern / 3:00 p.m. Central / 2:00 p.m. Mountain / 1:00 p.m. Pacific
Zoom info: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xT8fxhbDTk6CVrak5jUnUQ
A special webinar featuring activists fighting state repression across the U.S., including:
- Delegate Attica Scott, Kentucky’s only Black woman state representative, arrested in Louisville during protests for Breonna Taylor
- John Parker, Harriet Tubman Center for Social Justice & Struggle La Lucha
- Regina Joseph of the Tally19 arrestees, Haitian-American activist, president of Tallahassee Community Action Committee and district organizer for Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Frank Chapman, Executive Director, National Alliance Against Racism and Political Repression
- Denzel Draughn, San Diego anti-racist activist and supporter of the African People’s Socialist Party, facing 19 felony charges
- Suzanne Adely, National Lawyers Guild president and Palestinian-American activist
- Janine Africa, Janet Africa, and Michael Africa, Sr. MOVE organization
- Plus representatives from Aurora, Colo., Portland, Ore., and many others.
In the spirit of unity and solidarity, this special webinar will bring together representatives of many local struggles and groups under attack for their involvement in the uprising against racist police shootings by federal agencies, local police and the violent white-supremacist movement. Hear some of the activists directly involved and learn how you can help.
Read more about the cases:
Read the ‘Appeal to Revolutionaries’:
“It is the responsibility of revolutionary parties and organizations, armed with revolutionary theory and decades of combined revolutionary practice, to ready the masses for this political period and those to come. In order to do this, the revolutionary forces, scattered geographically and politically, must begin to unite. The Socialist Unity Party proposes a first step towards this unity: We must commit to defend each other from state attack.”
Sponsored by: Struggle La Lucha for Socialism; Harriet Tubman Center for Social Justice; Peoples Power Assembly
Join the Struggle-La Lucha Telegram channel