May 6 – 8
opening Friday, 5:30 pm
The People’s Forum,
320 W. 37TH St, NYC 10018
RISING TO RETURN:
Mapping strategies to advance Palestinian liberation and return;
Devising tactics to dismantle zionist supremacy and colonization
Join us for a weekend of strategic collaboration for advancing Palestinian liberation and return. The conference will include film screenings, poetry, music, organizers, activists and speakers from Palestine and globally ~ combined in a weekend of intensive workshops geared to craft advanced strategies for advancing the Palestinian liberation movement.
Sneak Preview of Partial Speakers List:
Samia Halaby • Ahlam Muhtaseb • Ubai Aboudi • Said Arikat • Adel Samara • Ramzy Baroud • Seif Dana • Lara Kiswani • Miko Peled • David Sheen
Music, poetry and Dance (partial list)
Freedom Debka • Turath Band: featuring Zafer Tawil, a virtuoso on ‘oud, violin and qanan, and a master of Arab percussion.
Featuring the first live stateside Book Launch of Ramzy Baroud and Ilan Pappe’s latest publication “OUR VISION FOR LIBERATION: Engaged Palestinian Leaders & Intellectuals Speak Out”
On Opening Night, Friday May 6, 5:30 pm
Speakers, activists, organizers and student groups from Palestine and across the US and Palestinian entertainment including Watani Music and Turath Band, film screening of Gazas Angel, 1948: Catastrophe & Creation, and Kufr Qassem, with more surprises in store…
A sneak preview, with more to be announced soon
- Samia Halaby. World Renowned artist, politico, and author,
- Dr. Ahlam Muhtaseb, Professor of Media Studies and Director of the film “1948: Creation & Catastrophe”
- Lara Kiswani, Executive Director of the Arab Resources and Organizing Center and the 2021 Yerba Buena Center for the Arts 100 Honoree,
- Ayah Ziyadeh: Advocacy Director of American Muslims for Palestine, human rights scholar, activist,
- Said Arikat, Bureau Chief Quds News
- Dr. Seif Dana, Sociology Professor and author,
- Andom Ghebreghiorgis, son of Eritrean immigrants, teacher, ran a progressive campaign for Congress in NY’s 16th District in 2020
- Dr. Adel Samara, Political economist, author, former political prisoner, and editor of Kanan Magazine,
- Miko Peled, Author of books The General’s Son: The Journey of an Israeli in Palestine and Injustice: The Story of the Holy Land Foundation Five,
- David Sheen, Journalist who will be sharing explosive investigation of the connections between Zionist terrorist groups in Palestine and their U.S. sponsors.
- Clarence Thomas ILWU Local 10 retired: Labor activist, author of “Mobilizing In Our Own Name”, and key supporter of the Block the Boat Actions in the U.S.
Also: Messages from Abdul Bari Atwan, Ilan Pappe, Masoud Hayoun and TBA
And by video:
Lowkey (banned from U.S.) British rapper under attack by Zionists and
Dr. Salman Abu Sitta, Father of Palestinian Return, author and historian
REGISTER NOW: tinyurl.com/risingtoreturn
An appeal for help:
Please use the donation button at the bottom to help us cover the costs of this amazing conference.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you can donate frequent flyer miles to help get our speakers and some students to NYC.
A few nearby hotels include: Hampton Inn Times Square Central, TRYP New York City Times Square South, Doubletree Times Square South, La Quinta Inn and Suites by Wyndham, Hotel Shocard, The New Yorker Hotel, Pestana CR7 Times Square, and Fairfield Marriott Times Square South.
Hosted by Al-Awda NY
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
DONATE HERE TO SUPPORT AL-AWDA PRRC
Join the Struggle-La Lucha Telegram channel